17 October 2010

Sunday supper - chicken, brown rice and broccoli

It's literally been weeks since I've found time to drag myself to the grocery store.  Finally today, I popped to Foodie's for provisions.

I bought split chicken breasts, bone in, skin on.  I put them in a baking dish with olive oil, salt and pepper, lemon zest, some dry chicken rub and a bit of hot pepper.  And a slice of lemon and a pat of butter under the skin never hurts.


Then I roasted the chicken in the oven at 350 for about half an hour.


The chicken ended up with lots of juicy lemony goodness that I spooned over some brown rice and steamed broccoli.


Et voila, dinner is served.

1 comment:

  1. This is great! Since this month is Breast Cancer Awareness Month – pile on the broccoli! Keep on cooking.

    ReplyDelete