21 October 2010

Reminiscing about Charleston

Last year was my very first trip to Charleston.  I tagged along with a friend who goes every year for a conference.  And it's that time of year again for my friend's conference but this year there are four of us going.  So this is the perfect time to reminisce about my trip and ponder what's just a mere two weeks away.

One of the things I'm most looking forward to is the food (big surprise there).  And one of the best things I ate last year was shrimp and grits from Hominy Grill

This was on the menu as "big nasty biscuit with fried chicken breast".
My mouth is watering in anticipation of a repeat visit to this place.  Added to the mouthwatering dishes above, they rustled up some mean fried green tomatoes.

Aside from loving the food, the city itself is just gorgeous.  The architecture is breathtaking and Charleston has done an unbelievable job at preserving its history.

One of the best ways to see Charleston is to take one of the carriage tours.  Not only did we see how charming and quaint and gorgeous a city it is, but we also had the most Southern, genteel tour guide one could wish for.  And don't let me forget to mention the Southern drawl (it's Chaaaaston, not Charleston).

No comments:

Post a Comment