22 October 2010

Outfits a la mode

Each day one of my big decisions is what to wear.  For work, for play, for errands.  No matter what I'm up to I love deciding what I'm going to don for the day.  Lucky for me, I work in an office where I can wear pretty much whatever I like.  Jeans, leggings, dresses, almost anything goes.  Here's a sampling of the getups of late.

Kate Spade dress, Milly for Bergdorf jacket, necklace from Wish on Beacon Hill
I love this Kate Spade dress.  It's one of their late summer/fall transitional items and I wore it when it was still warm with bare legs and no jacket.  But now I'm wearing it with a fall weight Milly jacket, tights and booties.  This was a perfect outfit for a workday where I actually had to meet with clients so I needed to keep the outfit a little more professional.

St John jacket, black cashmere v neck, J Brand jeans, Hermes belt and Rachel Zoe for QVC necklace
This was a work outfit on a day where we had no clients in the office.  Even though I love to dress up and do it quite often, it's a great perk to work in an office where I can wear jeans just about any time I want.  This morning I threw on my J Brands because they look good and are comfortable for sitting at my desk all the day long.  And I die over this St. John jacket, especially the camellia buttons.

Tara Jarmon dress, Kate Spade tights, Zara coat, Chanel necklace
Finally, Friday.  Can you hear my sigh of relief?  As exhausted as I was when I woke up, I mustered all my energy into a whimsical outfit to help get me through the day.  It was built around the crazy tights that I put on earlier this week and decided against since it was a day I was having a client meeting.  But today I dressed only for myself.  And as I waited in line for an iced tea this morning, I caught some woman craning her neck to stare at me.  I started to wonder if the outfit was too much; the dot tights, the fringe-y, furry scarf.  But like MTV in the 80s, too much is never enough.  After a few looks up and down she said "You look really cool."  Not a bad way to start my Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment