17 October 2010

A Day of Fashion with Richard Avedon and Arnold Scaasi


I spent a lovely afternoon at Boston's Museum of Fine Arts today.  While I enjoy what most people consider art, in my world, fashion is art.  Especially at the hands of Richard Avedon and Arnold Scaasi.

Richard Avedon's photographs graced the covers and pages of Harper's Bazaar and Vogue from the 1940s through to the 1980s.



Stephanie Seymour, 1994, dress and shoes Chanel

Harper's Bazaar February 1960
Arnold Scaasi, an American couturier, designed custom made gowns for the New York ladies that lunch set as well as Barbra Streisand and several first ladies.



This dress could be worn today

How quintessential 80s is this?




Elisha at the MFA in her Glamourpuss fur funnel scarf which you can buy at her shop
Me in front of the MFA in a J Crew chambray shirt, Talbots camel wool skirt, Kate Spade faux fur chubbie and boots from my archives

1 comment:

  1. I have been meaning to go to this for weeks! I came so close today, but the head of the Charles won out.

    ReplyDelete