16 January 2011

Color Blocked

I'm not really sure if I'd call this color blocking since it's grey and black and not any colors.  But you get the idea, right?

Nanette Lepore dress, Me Too booties
I've had this Nanette Lepore dress for ages and it's another example of the anti-cleanout your closet rule.  They say if you haven't worn it in a year, get rid of it.  But I haven't worn this dress in several years and I still love it. 

Necklace from Ports and Co.

The necklace is from a store on the South Shore in Massachusetts called Ports and Company.  I love the varying sizes of the beads and the tassel.

Chanel pin, Kate Spade clutch
Since it's been so cold I wore a black Milly jacket adorned with a Chanel pin.  It's a good thing I wore the jacket by the way.  I tried a new restaurant last night and the heat wasn't working.  Can you imagine?  No heat in Boston during the freezing winter?!

The restaurant I went to last night is Deuxave and it had it's good and bad points.

The good:  I love the decor.  It's a gorgeous space with big bow windows overlooking Comm Ave.

The not as good:  The timing was way off.  Our foie gras appetizer came in under five minutes from ordering it and before we had silverware or our bottle of wine.  Also, the portions of the main courses were quite small and the temperature wasn't right (some food was lukewarm, some hot).

Since we were still hungry and it was still early, we bellied up to the bar at Hamersley's, my kitchen away from home, for wine and cheese for dessert.

So that was my Saturday night in a nutshell.

No comments:

Post a Comment