10 March 2011

A Peek Inside My Treasure Chest

As you know, the clothes are important but the accessories can totally make an outfit.  For me, an outfit is just not complete without a fabulous bag, some statement making shoes and loads of baubles.  But the dilemma is where to store it all that's out of the way enough but still right at hand for easy inspiration.  A dear friend emailed today to ask this very question so here's how I do it.


I bought this jewelry armoire from Pier One and it's been a godsend. I don't know where I put all the jewels before this nifty little piece of furniture.  Pardon all of the luggage stashed away in the corner!



 It opens up to many roomy drawers and hooks to hang necklaces in the doors.


In the top, I store most of my rings and earrings and I use the first drawer for pins and bracelets.


The rest of the drawers have an overabundance of beaded and pearl necklaces.


Inside the doors hold mostly chain necklaces.



I bought this mirrored storage table at Home Goods about a year ago and I think it was about $250.  I was browsing online at the Horchow Collection the other day and I saw the matching side tables for $599 each. 


I use the top drawer to store more baubles.


And finally, my wall of shame.  I literally just put nails in the wall to hang various ribbons, necklaces, flowers.  My plan here is to get a wall coat rack to replace this nonsense.

1 comment: