29 March 2011

I Love Color

I love color, can you tell? Sometimes I like to feel sleek and sophisticated in blacks and greys and neutrals but bright colors can alter my mood.  On a rainy day, they bring me out of a funk.  If I'm tired, as I was today after two close to sleepless nights, they bring me back to life.

Zara top, DVF skirt, Christian Louboutin new simple pumps
This morning I woke up knowing I wanted to wear this fuschia  DVF skirt with a contrasting red/orange top.  I had initially planned to wear another top of a similar color (seen previously here) but this flutter sleeve Zara top caught my eye so I wore it instead.  

Accessories from Elisha's shop
One of the perks when one of your greatest friends has an accessories boutique is that someone who knows you very well always has you in mind when buying for her shop.  That was the case with the jewels I wore today.  Elisha was at one of the accessories shows in NYC and bought several things with me in mind.  I bought all of these pieces yesterday from her not quite thinking I would wear them all together but the pile it on mentality won out this morning.  The purple of the big center stone in this necklace plus the orange side stones couldn't have worked better with my crazy color blocked outfit today.


And here's one final photo to give you a better closeup of the ring and bracelet.

6 comments:

  1. love that necklace!! and the color blocking is fab!

    xo
    sami

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I loved wearing the bright colors together!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all these and love the new look on the blog! Fresh for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I'm experimenting with the look of the blog until it has its "official" makeover!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you thank you! I'm loving the spring brights!!!

    ReplyDelete