18 November 2010

Shopping My Closet: Houndstooth


OK friends, I have three closets.  Now none of them is a walk in, but nevertheless, I have three relatively big closets.  Remember I live in a small box of a city apartment so I'm thankful for every bit of storage I don't have to create for myself.  And create storage I do.  My bed is on stilts with goodness knows what underneath (off season clothes, shoes), one closet goes all the way to the top of my 10 foot ceilings.  I store off season stuff way at the top.  My dresser is almost as tall as I am (and I'm 5'9").  Even my coffee table is storage.


So this lovely houndstooth skirt was not in either of my regular go to closets in my bedroom but instead had somehow found itself in my coat closet in the hallway.  Hmmm, how could that have happened?  Perhaps it's due to the fact that this skirt has a coat to match but who knows.  The point is, the skirt popped into my head so I put it on this morning.  Though instead of pairing it with its matching coat, I wore it with the same Milly jacket I've been wearing to death.  You've seen it...here and here.  Oh and I wore the Me Too booties that I think are glued to my feet.

Can I venture off topic a bit.  Do you see the annoying white spot in the photo above?  Do we think it's user error or the fact that it's time for a camera upgrade?  I'm thinking it's the camera but back to the relevant topic.


I wore the skirt with a little Banana Republic ruffly top that I bought a few years ago and this great vintage-y pearl and bead necklace with the gorgeous rhinestone clasp. 


Happy Friday eve to all and to all a good night.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm a new follower. You have such a classy blog! I enjoyed looking at all the pictures.

    Jessi
    http://thejuicilife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete