15 November 2010

Here Comes the Sun

It was grey and overcast today and I woke up exhausted after another night of little sleep.  I was tempted to go the easy route and stick with my black and grey color palette.  But I decided to buck my dark trend and brighten up my day with my outfit.  Today I'm a vision in yellow.


Everything from my coat to my sweater to my skirt was yellow today.  I bought this Charles Grey coat several years ago at Nordstrom.  It's been stuffed in the back of my coat closet and I finally pulled it out today after a long hiatus.

Nanette Lepore skirt, Chanel earrings and necklace

The best part of this outfit is the skirt which I bought on sale at Nanette Lepore and it is seasonless.  The bright colors make it perfect for spring but the tweedy material works for the fall.  I love the detailing of the crochet waist and the ribbon weave fabric. 



I wore my trusty Cole Haan booties and LV bag that fits everything I could possibly need for the day.  So as I type this, this grey, dreary day is coming to an end but I had my own version of sunshine today.  Here's to hoping you did too!

No comments:

Post a Comment