08 November 2010

Leaving on a Jet Plane - Charleston Trip Part I

DVF top, Joe's jeans, Chanel flats
The crack of dawn came way early this past Saturday.  I had to catch a very early flight and I'm always amazed at the getups at the airport.  I get it; flying these days is less fun than it's ever been.  The airlines oversell flights and cram us all in like cattle.  But does it mean one has to look like a slob?  Not in my opinion but clearly I'm in the minority.  I threw on this DVF top that I've worn over and over again, a pair of jeans and my ever faithful Chanel flats.

Aris Geldis necklace, Chanel charm bracelet

I topped it all off with some fun jewels like my Chanel charm bracelet and this Aris Geldis necklace.  I bought the necklace years ago in Nantucket at Vis a Vis, a little boutique on Main Street, and I've worn it a multitude of times and each time I wear it, someone stops me to compliment me on it.
Burberry trench, Chanel bag, Ray-ban Aviators
I threw on my ruffle hem Burberry trench and gold Chanel bag and for me it was comfortably chic.


The first order of business after a quick check in at the hotel was lunch at the Hominy Grill.  This is low country cuisine at it's absolute finest.  I started off with a bloody mary while I perused the menu.

Hominy Grill daily chalkboard specials
We had to start off with a couple of orders of fried green tomatoes.


 And then I couldn't resist the shrimp and grits which was the best thing I had eaten on last year's trip.


These grits are cheesey, bacony Southern goodness on a plate.

Butter sandals from Copper Penny Shooz in Charleston
After being refueled., we were ready for a wee bit of shopping.  My friend MJ fell in love with these sparkly, glittery numbers but sadly they didn't have her size in stock. 

Bag purchased in London, J Crew velvet blazer
Speaking of MJ, she was a vision in purple in her J Crew purple velvet blazer, fun bright purple bag she bought on a trip to London and her purple painted fingertips.

But back to shoe shopping.  I've been in the market for a pair of black booties (because yes I NEED more shoes).  And I spotted these at the same store as MJ's sparklers.

Me Too booties

And since they were exactly what I was in the market for, I picked them up and it's a good thing. 

Bejeweled Kate Spade Giulia pump
In my very carefully edited attire for my trip, I dug out these fabulous suede open toe bejeweled pumps that I haven't worn in a dog's age.  But can you believe when I went to get ready for Saturday evening out, I had forgotten them!  Thankfully I had purchased the Me Too booties which worked perfectly for my weekend's outfits especially since Charleston was colder than expected.

Brian Atwood Maniac
And do you remember the Brian Atwood Maniac?  It's a fabulous, if expensive, shoe.  I've posted about it numerous times and feel it's my duty to show you these.

Pour La Victoire hidden platform pump
We spotted these fantastic Pour La Victoire pumps that look strikingly like the Maniacs but for half the price.

OK so that about does it for Charleston part I.  Stay tuned for the rest of the trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment