18 December 2010

Bedecked, Bedazzled and Bejeweled

Ring from some random street jeweler in SoHo, necklace/scarf from Elisha Daniels
What better time of year to go all out with the over the top jewels and accessories than the holidays?  Since I spent the better part of last week sick in bed I feel like I've already missed out on some of the holidays so tonight I was determined to make up for it.


I knew that I wanted to wear something sparkly and I was thinking I'd wear a sequin blazer that I bought last year at H&M.  But then this gunmetal sparkle dress that I bought close to five years ago at Nanette Lepore floated into my consciousness and when I put it on, it was exactly what I was in the mood for.

Nanette Lepore dress, Stuart Weitzman boots, Longchamp clutch
Even though the sparkle of the dress can stand on its own, I still amped up the bling by adding this scarf bejeweled with pearls and rhinestones galore. 

On another note, you know that "rule" where if you haven't worn something in a year you should get rid of it?  Well I no longer abide by that rule.  I can't tell you how many times I thought of getting rid of this dress for that very reason but tonight I was so glad to have it.  And as my wise and fashionable friend Elisha says on many occasions as she did tonight, it's more "now" than when you bought it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment