19 September 2010

Lissy's lemon linguine with shrimp and chives



I had a nice lazy Sunday today which gave me time to shop and cook.  I remember fondly a lemon linguine recipe that I've made before.  It is one of Nigella Lawson's recipes and it was mighty tasty (recipe here).  Since I don't want to derail all the working out I'm doing (cardio this morning, check!) I wanted to lighten it up a bit.  So here's my lemon linguine recipe.
 
Cook up some pasta in generously salted water for as long as you need to for it to be al dente; I made Barilla whole wheat linguine.  Reserve some of the pasta water.



In a skillet saute your shrimp until they are cooked.  Remove them from the pan and then in the same pan, saute a bit of butter (just a pat or two), olive oil (a couple swirls around the pan) and lemon zest (I used a whole lemon's worth of zest) for a couple of minutes.  Add the cooked pasta to the pan with some of the reserved pasta water and squeeze the juice of a half of a lemon.  Sprinkle in some grated cheese (I used pecorino romano).  The combination of the pasta water and cheese makes a nice creamy sauce for the pasta.  Finish it off by tossing in the chopped chives and the sauteed shrimp.


Et voilà dinner is served!

By the way, for anyone that lives in or near the South End, I get all of my fish at Morse Fish Company on Washington Street.  The fish is always fresh, the people there quite friendly and I like to support the small local shops when possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment